Business Processes Series
UI Learning and Development offers classes about business processes at The University of Iowa (Business Processes Series).
This series provides an overview of major business processes in the area of Accounting (General Ledger), Human Resources, Purchasing and Accounts Payable/Travel. You will learn about roles & responsibilities, specific business rules, access to systems, available tools, internal and external reporting. Understand an employee's responsibility for approving and reviewing transactions and learn about what reports to review for administrative purposes. Finally, find out about additional courses which will provide more detailed training on related topics. After attending this course, attendees will know:
- What is the difference in roles/responsibilities between departments versus central administration?
- What it means when you approve a transaction in workflow?
- What are pertinent business rules for transactions?
- What happens to the transaction when it is through the system?
- What are the consequences of not following processes and policies?
- Who are our external stakeholders and what information do they rely on?