The Controller’s Office, a division of Finance and Operations, is comprised of several departments that provide a wide range of business, accounting and reporting services on behalf of, and for, the university community. These services are essential for the University of Iowa to pursue its mission of teaching, research, and public service.
We are committed to providing the highest quality business, accounting, tax and financial reporting that fosters integrity and accountability while maximizing efficiency, accuracy, and productivity.
We accomplish this by giving guidance in accounting, financial reporting, tax compliance, and grant financial administration.
COVID-19 Resources & Announcements
- Pay Practices Related to COVID-19 (Effective 5/18/20)
- Documentation of Research Personnel Effort & COVID-19 Related Costs During Pandemic - 4/14/20
- University of Iowa Campus Coronavirus Updates
- Sponsored Projects COVID-19 Updates
- Pay Practices Related to COVID -19
- Documentation of Research Personnel Efforts & COVID-19 Related Costs During Pandemic- Memo from 3/31/20
- Message to UI business officers: Documenting costs related to COVID-19 - Memo from 3/31/20
- Reimbursement of Home Internet Service Cost During COVID-19